I have been working as a film journalist since 2010, dividing the first four years between radio broadcasting and entertainment writing in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. In 2014, I entered Fresh Fiction (FreshFiction.tv) as the features editor. The following year, I stepped into the film critic position at the Denton Record-Chronicle, a daily North Texas print publication. My time is dedicated to writing theatrical film reviews, at-home entertainment columns, and conducting interviews with on-screen talent and filmmakers, as well as hosting a podcast devoted to genre filmmaking (called My Bloody Podcast). I've been married for seven happy years, and I have one son who is all about dinosaurs just like his dad.
Walt Disney Home Entertainment is releasing their nature documentary BORN IN CHINA, narrated by John Krasinski, on Tuesday, August 29. Fresh Fiction has some digital codes to give away. Information on how to get yours is below, along with all the information on the release.
The rules are simple: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, full mailing address and share one random fact about pandas. Title your email subject: “Fresh Fiction BORN IN CHINA Giveaway.” The giveaway is active now until next Monday, August 28 at noon, central time.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™:
- Panda Suits & Bamboo Shoots – Join the team as they struggle through an almost impenetrable bamboo forest in an effort to capture footage of pandas in the wild.
- Walking with Monkeys – The shivering crew bundles up to film the adorable golden snub-nosed monkeys engaged in a surprisingly human activity.
- Masters of Camouflage – Go behind the scenes as the filmmakers set out on a quest never before achieved: to find and film a snow leopard family in the wild.
- Wading Through Wetlands – A crew travels to far northeast China to catch the first moments of a red-crowned crane chick’s life.
- “Everything Everything” Music Video Performed by American Authors – check out the full music video of American Authors end-credit song “Everything Everything.”
- Disneynature: Get Inspired, Get Involved –Join Disneynature and the Disney Conservation as they thank our audiences and the animals who star in the films for helping to make Disneynature and its conservation efforts a success.
BORN IN CHINA releases on Blu-ray on Tuesday, August 29, 2017.