James Cole Clay has been working as a film critic for the better part of a decade covering new releases, blu ray reviews and the occasional drive-in cult classic. His writing is dedicated to discovering social politics through diverse voices, primarily focusing on Women In Film and LGBTQ cinema.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing a Blu-ray combo pack of Ilya Naishuller’s acclaimed film NOBODY (4K Digital) on Tuesday, June 8, and June 22nd (4K, Blu Ray, DVD) Fresh Fiction has three digital copies to give away. Information on how to get yours is below, along with information on the release
The rules are simple: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and full mailing address (Note: U.S. addresses only and no PO boxes). Title your email subject: “NOBODY Giveaway” In the body of the email, let us know what fictionalized action hero you’d like to fight alongside. (Answering JOHN WICK is not acceptable) Make sure to be creative and descriptive as possible. The giveaway is active now until Monday, February 3rd at noon, central time.
Here’s a clip from Preston Barta’s review. You can find the full review here.
The confidence that Odenkirk puts forward in Hutch is what makes this movie killer-fun. The way he smiles at the promise of a car chase is absolutely to die for. Odenkirk isn’t cracking wise or going for his usual funny bone pokes. The humor is almost entirely situational. It’s the idea of a seemingly regular Joe taking on everything and everyone. Even when he’s inches away from death, Hutch is game, and it keeps the audience leaning in.
As mentioned, the world isn’t as vast as the Wickiverse. Hutch is just trying to reclaim his dignity, and he winds up throwing arms at the wrong people. That said, this is what sets Nobody apart. The framework (of a longtime bruiser leaving behind his dirty work in pursuit of peace only to get dragged back in) is there. But Nobody is more no nonsense about its narrative. It’s a quick 90 minutes, and it has a guts-and-glory-filled conclusion that’s well worth the price of admission. Let’s just say it involves some unmentioned co-stars serving some lead salads.
Nobody is non-stop carnage and a total blast. Hopefully, they keep the entries coming.
BONUS FEATURES on 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL:
- DELETED SCENES
- HUTCH HITS HARD – Discover how Bob Odenkirk trained to bring his character “Hutch Mansell” to life.
- BREAKING DOWN THE ACTION (Bus Fight, Home Invasion, Car Chase and Tool & Die Sequences) – A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the film’s explosive set pieces.
- JUST A NOBODY – A look at the personal beginning of the story for Bob Odenkirk and the unique style and sensibility that director Ilya Naishuller brought to the film.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH ACTOR/PRODUCER BOB ODENKIRK AND DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
NOBODY will be available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.