I have been working as a film journalist since 2010, dividing the first four years between radio broadcasting and entertainment writing in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. In 2014, I entered Fresh Fiction (FreshFiction.tv) as the features editor. The following year, I stepped into the film critic position at the Denton Record-Chronicle, a daily North Texas print publication. My time is dedicated to writing theatrical film reviews, at-home entertainment columns, and conducting interviews with on-screen talent and filmmakers, as well as hosting a podcast devoted to genre filmmaking (called My Bloody Podcast). I've been married for seven happy years, and I have one son who is all about dinosaurs just like his dad.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing the new, gripping popcorn thriller NOBODY on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on June 22.
Fresh Fiction has some 4K Ultra HD copies to give away! Information on how to get yours is below, along with information on the release.
The rules are simple:
- Email email@example.com with your NAME and MAILING ADDRESS that you’d like the code to be sent. (Note: U.S. addresses only and no PO boxes.)
- Title your email subject: “NOBODY Movie Giveaway.”
- In the body of email, tell us about a secret skill you have—something that most people wouldn’t expect you’d know how to do.
- The giveaway is active now until next Tuesday, June 22 @ 12 PM CT.
Preston Barta’s Synopsis/Review:
In the film, Bob Odenkirk’s Hutch Mansell is an underestimated and often overlooked father and husband. He does his best to stand firm amid the repetitiveness of life and the expectations that come with being the man of the household. Hutch is put to the ultimate test when a pair of thieves break into his suburban home one night. Rather than turn to violence, Hutch is perfectly willing to allow the criminals to take what they need and get out. However, this comes with disappointing results, primarily through Hutch’s teenage son (Gage Munroe) and wife (Connie Nielsen).
With all that air collecting in Hutch’s rage balloon, it’s time for him to let it out. And he does so by awakening his long-dormant skills and instincts to jump back on the brutal path. Except Hutch doesn’t have a special hotel and coins to keep him alive. He can hold his own, but director Ilya Naishuller doesn’t make him some invincible badass. Hutch sheds blood and lots of it. His body kisses enough bullets, glass windows, and knuckle sandwiches to make you think he hopped reels from a Jeremy Saulnier film. He starts hilariously rusty but gains momentum along the way.
To read the full review, visit here>>
BONUS FEATURES on 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL:
- DELETED SCENES
- HUTCH HITS HARD – Discover how Bob Odenkirk trained to bring his character “Hutch Mansell” to life.
- BREAKING DOWN THE ACTION (Bus Fight, Home Invasion, Car Chase and Tool & Die Sequences) – A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the film’s explosive set pieces.
- JUST A NOBODY – A look at the personal beginning of the story for Bob Odenkirk and the unique style and sensibility that director Ilya Naishuller brought to the film.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH ACTOR/PRODUCER BOB ODENKIRK AND DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
NOBODY will be available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.