Hello, there! My name is Preston Barta, and I am the features editor of Fresh Fiction and senior film critic at the Denton Record-Chronicle. My cinematic love story began where I was born: off planet on the isolated desert world of the Jakku system. It's there I passed the time scavenging for loose parts with my good friend Rey. One day I found an old film projector and a dusty reel of the 1975 film JAWS. It rocked my world so much that I left my kinfolk in the rearview (I so miss their morning cups of green milk) to pursue my dreams of writing about film. It wasn't long until I met two gents who said they would give me a lift. I can't recall their names, but one was an older man who liked to point a lot and the other was a tall, hairy fella. They got me as far as one of Jupiter's moons where we crossed paths with the U.S.S. Enterprise. Some pointy-eared bastard said I was clear to come aboard. He saw that I was clutching my beloved shark movie and invited me to the "moving pictures room" where he was screening the 1993 film JURASSIC PARK to his crew. He said my life would be much more prosperous if I were familiar with more work by the god named Steven Spielberg. From there, my love for cinema blossomed. Once we reached planet Earth, everything changed. I found the small town of Denton, TX, and was welcomed into the Barta family. They showed me the writings of local film critic Boo Allen. He became my hero and caused me to chase a degree in film and journalism. After my studies at graduate of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I met some film critics who showed me the ropes and got me into my first press screening: 2011's THE GREEN LANTERN. Don't worry; I recovered just fine. MAD MAX: FURY ROAD was only four years away.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing the third installment in PITCH PERFECT series, PITCH PERFECT 3 on Tuesday, March 20. Fresh Fiction has some Blu-ray copies to give away. Information on how to get yours is below, along with information on the release.
The rules are simple: Email email@example.com with your name and full mailing address (Note: U.S. addresses only and no PO boxes). Title your email subject: “PITCH PERFECT 3 Giveaway.” In the body of email, tell us your favorite duet of all-time. The giveaway is active now until next Tuesday, Mar. 20 at noon, central time.
Courtney Howard’s Synopsis
Our beloved a capella squad is caught in a rough emotional headspace after graduating from college. They’ve been separated for some time and miss their glory days. Amy (Rebel Wilson) isn’t gaining notoriety as “Fat Amy Winehouse.” Chloe (Brittany Snow) isn’t loving her job as a veterinarian. Beca (Anna Kendrick) is tired of being a music producer to over-coddled talent. Emily (Hailee Steinfeld) is over-scheduled in college and can’t find time to write original songs anymore. An equally depressed Aubrey (Anna Camp) comes up with a plan to spark their creative fires again: they’ll reunite and perform in a USO show overseas. But there’s a hitch – one that involves a return of Amy’s deadbeat dad (John Lithgow) and a competition to become the next big music superstar.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™:
- Deleted Scene
- Gag Reel
- New Musical Performances
- Fat Amy & Fergus Casino Duet
- The Bellas: “See You Smile” Lullaby
- Extended Musical Performances
- Evermoist: “How a Heart Unbreaks”
- Young Sparrow / DJ Dragon Nutz: “You Got It”
- Saddle Up: “Ex’s and Oh’s”
- A Cappella Action – In this piece, we break down the scene starting with Fergus betraying Fat Amy and kidnapping the Bellas, through the performance and wrapping up with Rebel Wilson as she performs the stunt of falling through the ceiling.
- The Women of Pitch Perfect 3 – With Elizabeth Banks, Trish Sie, and an all-female cast, the Pitch Perfect franchise is breaking down stereotypes and industry norms left and right. In this piece, we learn why that’s so important throughout the development and production of Pitch Perfect 3.
- The Final Performance – In this heart-warming piece, fans will witness the genuine love and sisterhood between the Bellas both on and off camera as they get a behind-the-scenes look at the emotional wrap of the film and production.
- Hollywood of the South – Hollywood may be the “Entertainment Capital of the World” but Atlanta is a close second – morphing into a metropolis for film productions and the cast and crews couldn’t be happier. We hear from them about the hospitality, versatility and southern welcome they experienced during their stay.
- Competition Crescendo – In this featurette we break down the riff-off scene, starting in pre-production in the recording studio and moving into production. We’ll also discuss the Bellas’ competition: EverMoist, Saddle Up, DJ Young Sparrow and DJ Dragon Nutz.
- Don’t Mess with Rebel – Rebel Wilson trained with stunts coordinator, Jennifer Badger, to prefect her many stunts that we see throughout the film. In this featurette, we’ll catch a glimpse of Rebel’s training and discuss the most bad-ass stunt of all – Rebel taking down four grown men in order to save the Bellas.
- The Headliner: DJ Khaled – We check in with cast and filmmakers to hear their reactions on the music producer/personality being brought on, how he fits into the story and the love he has for the Bellas.
- The Final Note: John and Gail – Everyone’s favorite Talk-a-pella podcasters are back, combining their resources to produce an exclusive d’aca’mentary following the beloved classic Bellas. We discuss their far-fetched endeavor with the cast and filmmakers to better understand our favorite aca-duo.
- Just Because He’s a Bad Guy – The cast and filmmakers were overjoyed to learn that legendary actor, John Lithgow was joining the Pitch Perfect family, and he did not disappoint! In this piece, we’ll witness how Rebel and John are two peas in a pod, making their on-screen chemistry as father and daughter truly sincere.
- Freedom! ’90 x Cups Official Music Video
PITCH PERFECT 3 will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD and Digital HD on Tuesday, Mar. 20.