I have been working as a film journalist since 2010, dividing the first four years between radio broadcasting and entertainment writing in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. In 2014, I entered Fresh Fiction (FreshFiction.tv) as the features editor. The following year, I stepped into the film critic position at the Denton Record-Chronicle, a daily North Texas print publication. My time is dedicated to writing theatrical film reviews, at-home entertainment columns, and conducting interviews with on-screen talent and filmmakers, as well as hosting a podcast devoted to genre filmmaking (called My Bloody Podcast). I've been married for seven happy years, and I have one son who is all about dinosaurs just like his dad.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment is releasing a Blu-ray combo pack (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital) of JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM on Tuesday, Sept. 18. Fresh Fiction has some Blu-ray copies to give away. Information on how to get yours is below, along with information on the release.
The rules are simple: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and full mailing address (Note: U.S. addresses only and no PO boxes). Title your email subject: “JURASSIC WORLD Giveaway.” In the body of email, tell us about the first time you watched the original 1993 JURASSIC PARK and what sort of impact did it have on you? The giveaway is active now until next Wednesday, Sept. 19 at noon, central time.
Jared McMillan’s Synopsis
The fifth movie of the JURASSIC PARK/WORLD franchise revolves around the fact that Isla Nublar is actually an active volcano, which will violently erupt and killing all dinosaurs. Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) argues before a government committee that we should let them die, and they concur. Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) is now running a non-profit that is actively trying to save dinosaurs from becoming extinct again when she hears the news. However, she gets a call from the estate of Ben Lockwood (James Cromwell) that might help her cause.
At his mansion, Claire is welcomed by Eli Mills (Rafe Spall), the caretaker of the dying Lockwood’s financial matters. He reveals (to the audience) that Lockwood is the former business partner of John Hammond, and Jurassic Park was their vision. They have a plan to move various species to a secure location, so they can thrive, but she knows the park better than anyone, so they need her help. She goes and gets Owen (Chris Pratt) because he is the only one that can get Blue, the raptor he raised on the island. Of course, they go with the best intentions, and, of course, everyone else has a plan to exploit the dinosaurs.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY™:
- The Kingdom Evolves – Filmmakers discuss how the second chapter in the Jurassic World trilogy pushes the franchise in a new direction.
- Return to Hawaii – Cast and crew discuss shooting the film in Hawaii.
- Island Action – A behind-the-scenes look at the bunker scene and runaway gyrosphere sequence.
- Aboard the Arcadia – Cast and crew discuss working with the animatronic dinosaurs.
- Start the Bidding! – A behind-the-scenes look at the auction scene.
- On Set with Chris & Bryce – Go behind the scenes with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Birth of the Indoraptor – An inside look at the genetically designed monstrosity known as the Indoraptor.
- Death by Dino – Go behind the scenes as the Indoraptor faces off with a key character.
- Monster in a Mansion – Director J.A. Bayona discusses how Jurassic Park and Dracula (1979) influenced his approach to directing the monster in a mansion scene.
- Rooftop Showdown – A look at the terrifying showdown on the rooftop of the Lockwood Mansion.
- Malcolm’s Return – Behind the scenes with the one & only Jeff Goldblum.
- VFX Evolved – The team at ILM discuss their cutting-edge approach to creating dinosaurs.
- Fallen Kingdom: The Conversation – Filmmakers and cast sit down for a candid and casual conversation about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom:
- Chris Pratt’s Jurassic Journals
- Vivian Baker, Makeup Artist
- Mary Mastro, Hair Stylist
- Chris Murphy, 1st Assistant Sound
- Dean Bailey, Stunt Edge Car Driver
- Peter Harcourt, Diver
- Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith, Actors
- Jody Wiltshire, Set PA
- Kelly Krieg, Assistant Script Supervisor
- J.A. Bayona, Director
- James Cox, Stunt Performer
- Rachelle Beinart, Stunt Double
- Bryce Dallas Howard interviews Chris Pratt, Actor
- A Song for the Kingdom – Justice Smith sings for the cast and crew of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Jurassic Then and Now (Presented by Barbasol) – Key moments from the Jurassic saga that tie into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday, Sept. 18. It’s available on Digital HD today.
Note: I have to admit, the trailer for the home release of FALLEN KINGDOM is cut together pretty well.